11/12/2019 – The Hungarian-French pair won in 2019 at the Roland Garros, at Istanbul and at the WTA Finals.
Another great accolade: Timi and Kristina Mladenovic won the doubles award of the year at the WTA Tour Player Awards! The international media took part in the vote.
The organization announced the list of winners on Wednesday.
– WTA Player of the Year: Ashleigh Barty (Australia)
– WTA Doubles Team of the Year: TÍMEA BABOS, Kristina Mladenovic (HUNGARY / France)
– WTA Most Improved Player of the Year: Sofia Kenin (United States)
– WTA Newcomer of the Year: Bianca Andreescu (Canada)
– WTA Comeback Player of the Year: Belinda Bencic (Switzerland)
– WTA Jerry Diamond ACES Award (presented to the player who consistently goes above and beyond in promoting the sport of women’s tennis to fans, media, and local communities by performing off-court promotional and charitable initiatives): Kiki Bertens (Netherlands)
In 2019 Timi and Kristina Mladenovic were finalists at the Australian Open in January and were undefeated at Roland Garros in the early summer. Meanwhile, the Hungarian-French double defended their title at the Istanbul WTA Tour event.
Timi and Kiki triumphed at the WTA Finals in Shenzhen at the end of the season, repeating last year’s success. The Hungarian player won that tournament for the third time in a row. Timi and Kristina Mladenovic reach the semifinal at Wimbledon and were quarter-finalists at the US Open.
The Hungarian player led the Doubles World Rankings last year, this year her French partner was World No1.