21/10/2015 – She will be the first Hungarian player in doubles at the year-ending Women’s Championships.
– What kind of role played / plays your family in your career?
– I owe a lot to my family!!! They supported and belived in Me throughout the years!!! I had difficult moments many times, but they are always standing by me!!! Sometimes it is incredible to Me that I came this far from Sopron, from such a small town! Uplifting feeling, a big thank for helping!
– What do you remember mostly from your successes oh junior years?
– The European Championship victory I remember very precisely, because I began the tournament with a serious ankle injury. But as the matches progressed, I was getting better and better. And I managed to win the whole event! Then, of course, the junior Grand Slam tournaments, the victories in doubles. Of course, the Youth Olympics is a good memory, even in Singapore, where I return now because of the WTA doubles Final :))
– How difficult was the transition from junior to adult doubles tennis?
– I think it is very difficult to switch to the adult field. The mentality is completely different, the playing style is completely different. The level is much more balanced, the difference is much less between the players. I have been a member of the top100 in singles and top10 in doubles, for a while. But I constantly feel the pressure. This is an absolute difference, from the junior events.
– What difficulties you had at the beginning, when you start with a new partner at almost every WTA tournament?
– It is difficult to play every week with somebody else. Constantly I had to get used to each other, to adapt to her needs. It was not easy at first … Then I found Mandy Minella, with whom we were good, we won tournaments. But, We couldn’t reached the next level. The required large and important step occurred last year when I started to play with Kristina. Fortunately, the results also prove this!
– What do is your favorite success from the WTA Tour?
– Of course, my first triumph in Monterrey, the doubles Grand Slam finals. Or just the singles victories against Ana Ivanovic and Samantha Stosur. But it’s hard to say which is the closest to Me. There are so many wonderful experiences enriched year after year :))
– What is your most powerful side on court with Kristina Mladenovic?
– Our styles complement each other well! And when one of us has a low point, the other can help her, pull the level to the top. We understand well each other, we can fight well together.
– How much time you spend on training for the doubles preparation in the Tour season?
– Practically I had no time for this… Basically, I concentrate on the singles, I give it priority. Of course, now I spent more time to doubles, before the WTA Finals in Singapore. But, only after I finished with the singles tasks.
– What qualities are needed on court and off court to be a good player?
– I think, that everyone needed a great determination and workload, to be amongst the top players in singles or in doubles. In addition, you need a good vision on the court, just as quick response. And a good net game is an essential element of this game in doubles.