11/04/2014 – Timi has won this year a doubles tournament in Sydney, and she was a finalist two more times.
Last Sunday in Monterrey she reached the final with Olga Govortsova, she celebrated another success with a “half new” partner.
Next week the Hungarian youngster will start in Kuala Lumpur, with a new partner. This time she will fight for a success with the World No 26 Hao Ching Chan.
The 20-year-old Taiwanese player ‘s career best is 26th place from 07.10.2013. During her career, she played in seven doubles finals at a WTA event, she celebrated three times: in 2012 in Taipei (Co: Kristina Mladenovic) , in 2013 in Shenzhen (Co: Chan Yung Yan ) and Oeiras (Co: Mladenovic).
– How do you rate your doubles performance of the last few months? Are you satisfied, what it could have been better?
– Unfortunately, the doubles was not going the way I wanted. Here I am thinking especially about the tournaments with Jankovic, that we couldn’t win a match. I expected more, but never mind, I got to the final again in Monterrey.
– How difficult is it to organize a partner for doubles?
– It’s hard to put together, unfortunately , as it my singles rank is too high. However, the players with my rank have already a permanent partner. That is why I must play every week with someone else. I hope that I can manage better to solve the issue of a permanent doubles partner.
– Does it help You that You play with new players almost every time? What have you learned from them (for example from Safarova, Jankovic, Mladenovic, Govortsova)?
– Unfortunately, this is not an advantage in doubles, and it is better not to mix the singles with doubles.
– Will You play doubles in the ITF events in South Korea and Japan?
– I’m not. It’s not worthwhile, and I would like to concentrate and paying attention on singles.
– Who will be Your partner in Paris at the Roland Garros? Is there a chance, that you play mixed doubles at the French capital?
– There are several options , but for now I’m not so sure. The mixed doubles is also questionable.
Timi after the 250 000 USD Malaysian WTA tournament will play in Seoul, South Korea (50 000 USD) and Gifu, Japan (75 000 USD). At the end of May will come the next Grand Slam tournament in Paris.