19/03/2016 – They won the Tashkent WTA tournament in 2013, and this week they played the semifinal at Indian Wells.
The Hungarian and Kazakh player in 2013 won the WTA tournament in Tashkent, this week they reached the semifinal at Indian Wells.
After the Australian Open, Timi and Yaroslava Svedova (Kazakhstan) agreed to the joint appearances at Indian Wells and Miami. Now, they decided to continue the common start till Wimbledon, the third Grand Slam tournament of the 2016 season.
Shvedova, the two time Grand Slam Champion from 2010, is ranked 3rd. The 28-year old player is starting for Kazakhstan since 2008. For most of the last season her partner was Casey Dellacqua. The Australian player injured in the last period of the season and she returned with new partners. Last year they played in two Grand Slam finals, at the Roland Garros and at the US Open.
This year, Shvedova played with Raluca Olaru (Romania), Samantha Stosur (Australia) and Bethanie Mattek-Sands (USA). She was a semifinalist in Sydney with Olaru, and this week with Timi at Indian Wells.
– After the Australian Open You agreeded with Yaroslava Shvedova only for Indian Wells and Miami. What is the reason that You lenghtened this period till Wimbledon?
– Yes, we agreed in Melbourne with Slava to play together at Indian Wells and Miami. She tried with other partners, and I did so. It did not work well, so we decided to try for a longer period, because We has been played together before and We were successful. We had a good feeling, We had the important chemistry, which allowed Us to agree till Wimbledon. It also contributed to our decision that Casey Dellacqua (Shvedova’s last year’s constant partner) was damaged, and her come back was more difficult, than expected. I am very pleased to renew the cooperation, as Slava is a very, very sweet girl, she has a good team behind . Her husband rarely, the coach always traveling with her. We can play a good spirited doubles, We can train in good feeling. This is very important!
– In 2013 You won the tournament in Tashkent without losing a set. What has changed since then, in Your style?
– This is interesting. Se also reached her best results by playing on the backhand side, but now with me she is playing on the forehand side. This way We can be successfu. I improved a lot since the 2013 common competition, meanwhile Shvedova had a very good last year, both in singles and doubles. Especially in doubles. For Me the important progress that I became more mature and more experienced. So I think we can work well together. We both like to play an aggressive style, We both move well on the net. I hope that We will be successful in all competitions. We have every chance to do so.
– What is the strength of Your duo?
– The greatest strenght of a couple, if You have good mood. That is why we have been successful for a long time with Kristina Mladenovic. I feel that it can work with Slava. She is older, more experienced, she can help in these kind of things, also. She is a multiple Grand Slam winner! I am also a very good doubles player 🙂 I can bring energy for this duo. Important elements int he women’s doubles are: the aggressive tennis, the messing our style, trying a lot the net playing with a lot of movement. I hope that the experience gained at Indian Wells will serve to our benefit. I am confident that our pair will be even better.
|YAROSLAVA SHVEDOVA (KAZAKHSTAN)|
|FACTS AND SUCCESSES|
|Date of Birth:||12 September 1987 (Moscow)|
|Status (Pro):||Since 2005|
|Plays:||Right-handed (two-handed backhand)|
|WTA Ranking (Doubles):||3.|
|Career high (doubles):||3. (23 February 2016)|
|Grand Slam titles (doubles):||2 (+ 3 final: 2010 (Wimbledon, Co: Vania King), 2010 (US Open, Co: Vania King)|
|WTA Tour (and Grand Slam) titles (doubles):||12 (+ 12 final): 2009 – Pattaya City (Co: Tamarine Tanasugarn), 2010 – Wimbledon (Co: Vania King), US Open (Co: King), 2011 – Washington (Co: Sania Mirza), Cincinnati (Co: King), Moscow (Co: King), 2013: Florianopolis (Co: Anabel Medina Garrigues), Tashkent (Co: BABOS TÍMEA), 2014 – Florianopolis (Co: Medina Garrigues), Charleston (Co: Medina Garrigues), 2015 – Madrid (Co: Casey Dellacqua), Hong Kong (Co: Alize Cornet)|