11/11/2013 – With the ill-fated Toronto final last Sunday Timi finished her season.
The year 2013 also brought unforgottable successes in singles and doubles, hopefully next season will bring more is great victories and less defeats.
– How do you rate this season ? Are you satisfied with the results or something left you craving?
– I think it was an eventful, very instructive year. There were incredibly difficult times, but fortunately there were successes. After last year I was less successful in 2013, but for the future I am glad that we finished this year and look forward to next season.
– Do you feel, that you stepped forward in the past few months?
– My serve has always been my greatest weapon, but I actually found out how to hit it succesfully.
– What should be improved to be even closer to the top players?
– Stability. I think that in connection of my game and also my head too. My game is very good and can be effective, but unfortunately now this is not a stabil game. I want this to change, and my goal is to be as balanced as I can.
– Did the successes in doubles helped you in singles?
– A lot. My confidence sometimes was on the floor , but probably without the pair have been even worse. But I can say my game is improved at the net thanks to the doubles experiences. My offensive play in doubles also helps in singles.
– Which doubles triumph was the most important for you this season?
– With Shvedova in Tashkent. I felt myself the strongest with her. She is a double Grand Slam Champion. However, this year also Monterrey was the my best tournament, feeling good that I won again there.
– Which victory (single or doubles) has made the most of the 2013 season?
– In singles the win over Ivanovic was valuable , or the quarterfinal in Budapest . The greatest joy was to play doubles with Schiavone.
– How much your training program changed in comparison to the previous season? What new tasks were included in the training?
– It’s a little more complete. Of course, I already trained highly purposefully, but now we begin to feel, what I needed at given time.
– What is your program before the 2014 season?
– I will probably prepare in Nizza, France. It will be a lot of running , especially in the beginning . And as we move forward, it will be more tennis, footwork and accelerate with more dynamic fitness work-outs.
|TIMI’S STATS IN 2013 (SINGLES)|
|Grand Slam (main draw)||3||0||3||0||3|
|Grand Slam (quali)||1||2||1||1|
|Premier5 (main draw)||1||0||1||0||1|
|Premier (main draw)||1||0||2||1||1|
|International (235 000 USD)||11||0||20||9||11|
|International (235 000 USD, quali)||1||3||3||0|
|100 000 USD||1||0||1||0||1|
|75 000 USD||1||0||5||4||1|
|50 000 USD||3||1||14||12||2|
|TIMI’S STATS IN 2013 (DOUBLES)|
|Grand Slam (main draw)||4||0||5||1||4|
|Premier5 (main draw)||1||0||2||1||1|
|Premier (main draw)||1||0||1||0||1|
|International (235 000 USD)||10||4||29||23||6|