07/08/2015 – After the short summer break Timi prepared in a full swing for the rest of the 2015 season: the first stage will be the Toronto qualifying.
After the Rogers Cup she will play in Cincinnati and New Haven, then at the US Open in New York. In Toronto she will begin the qualies against Yaroslava Shvedova.
– Will be this few days enough for preparation before the last period of the season?
– I think, it was a very good combination of both. I needed a couple of days without tennis, to live a normal life and relax a bit. Then of course, I needed even greater a few days of hard training, to achieve my goals. We worked a lot with Thomas, trained seven hours a day. But I know that it was important to go through this period before the North American tour.
– What was the focus before Canada: technique or fitness? Or both?
– Both! I spent many hours in the gym, I worked hard to prepare my muscles to be again ready for tennis. There have been weight training, running, biking, speed footwork, medicine. Virtually all: D. While in tennis I began in the first few days with keeping the ball. Then, as we move forward, I had more and more specific training, or even point game.
– What are the objectives before the US Open, considering that we have a very strong fields even in the qualies?
– We have terribly strong draws in the next tournaments. But I hope, I will have good results. I want to play many matches before the final Grand Slam tournament of the year. To improve my game every week, to be in top form at the US Open.
– What do you expect from the doubles in Cincinnati? Last year you was in the final with Kiki :))
– In the next few weeks the doubles will be less important, the singles will receive priority. I have so much trust in us, I think we will reach our goal this year,without playing at every tournament. In addition, it also would be easier to compile my schedule, if I will have better ranking in singles. Cincinnati will be the only tournament where we will play doubles before the US Open. I hope, that the tour will be a success:))
Timi is ranked 84th in singles, and 12nd in doubles. In the 2015 Race she is 82nd in singles and 4th in doubles with Kristina Mladenovic. The Hungarian-French pair has 4000 points, while the 9th pair, Garbine Muguruza and Carla Suarez-Navarro has 2215 points. The best 8 pair will play at the WTA Finals in Singapore. The Wimbledon champion Martina Hingis and Sania Mirza has already secured its place in the year-ending world championships.
At the opening round of the qualies at the Rogers Cup the Hungarian youngster will meet Yaroslava Shvedova. The 27-year old Kazakh player is ranked 108th, her career best was 25 (29 October 2012). So far, she has won 1 WTA and 4 ITF events in singles. She was twice quarter-finalist at the Roland Garros (2010, 2012).
Svedova this year was a finalist in Bogotá (Colombia, 250,000 USD, clay) and reached the last eight at s’Hertogenbosch (Netherlands, 250 000 USD, grass).