16/12/2019 – Sports journalists can vote for the Hungarian-French double in the team competition of individual sports.
The list of nominees for the prize of Athlete of the Year was released on Monday afternoon.
For the first time ever, Timi has been involved in the individual sports team competition with Kristina Mladenovic.
The Hungarian-French pair was a finalist at the Australian Open in January, and remained undefeated at Roland Garros at the beginning of the summer. Meanwhile, the Hungarian-French double defended their title at the WTA Tour event at Istanbul.
Timi and Kiki triumphed at the WTA Finals in Shenzhen at the end of the season, repeating last year’s success. The Hungarian player won the title for the third time in a row. Timi and Kristina Mladenovic were semifinalists at Wimbledon, and reach the last eight at the US Open.
The Hungarian player was No1 in doubles last year, in 2019 Mladenovic was the leader.
Timi was ranked second after the 2017 season, and ranked third in the 2018 Athlete of the Year.
NOMINEES FOR THE ATHLETE OF THE YEAR 2019 (Team Competition of Individual Sports):
– Men’s Sabre Team (Tamás Decsi, Csanád Gémesi, Áron Szilágyi, András Szatmári)
– Men’s Short Track Speed Skating Team (Csaba Burján, Krueger Cole, Sándor Liu Shaolin, Liu Shaoang, Alex Varnyú)
– 2-Horse Driving Team (József Dobrovitz Jr., Hölle Martin, Kristóf Osztertág)
– Women’s Kayak Quartet (Dóra Bodonyi, Erika Medveczky, Tamara Csipes, Dóra Alsó Gazsó)
– Women’s Kayak Pair (Erika Medveczky, Réka Hagymási)
– Women’s Marathon Kayak Pair (Zsófia Czéllai-Vörös, Renáta Csay)
– Women’s Canoe Pair (Balla Virág, Devecseriné Takács Kincső)
– Women’s Tennis Pair (Tímea Babos, Kristina Mladenovic)
– Flying Dutchman Pair (Szabolcs Majthényi, András Domokos)
– Soling Team (Kristóf Joó, Farkas Litkey, Pepe Németh)
The M4 Sport – Athlete of the Year 2019 Gala will be held at the National Theater on Thursday, January 16, 2020 from 8 pm.