12/09/2016 – The 23-year old Hungarian player for the first time reached the third round of the Grand Slam tournament in singles.
She broke the ice! Timi won two matches at the main draw in at the US Open, thereby reached a singles Grand Slam tournament-best result so far. The Hungarian player have been happy before the start, as for the first time she was seeded in singles at a GS, she lived with that opportunity. And in fact, she was very close to defeat the 5th seed at the last 32.
Timi returned home after the New York tournament, and after a few days at home town Sopron, on Monday she began the preparation for the next tasks. At the beginning of the season, she was 70th, last time she reached a CH was at 22 August. After the wuarter-final at Cincinnati she was 33rd. Now she is at the 26th place.
– This year, you celebrated five times a Career High in singles. What is your new goal for this season?
– In any case, for the remainder of this year I have not set such an objective. Instead, the most important is the style of My game. I want to play a good tennis, as the last tour or when I played well during the year. When I played well, how I built up My game and how I was feeling there on the court.
– After a few days of rest you had to start preparing for the last part of the season. Is there an area that will receive special attention in training?
– I really, really needed these couple of days now. I had a pretty long tour, a lot of matches, a lot of very stressful period and match with. I had this little rest, I’m glad to be home with friends and most of all, with the family! Obviously, this is not just a couple of days of rest. On Monday I start full training in full swing, already I did a few physical work-outs, to keep My fitness level. Now, I began the preparation at home. Now, without matches, but I must should perform well in training. Now, I focus mainly on fitness and technique. After all, after such a long tour, the technique lags behind a bit, collapses, breaks down, especially in the matches. I also focus on the physical part, because I want to end the season well. The goal is to have a good last stint.
– What is the difference of a longer tour of Asia and the tournaments in Brazil, Canada and the USA in past few weeks?
– I’m sure it will not be easy! This tour is not very fond of the players, very difficult to play there. Who will be mentally in good shape, well focused and stay positive, it has be the halp part for a success at that tournament or match. Regardless of whether it’s not My favourite tour: I would like to offer the maximum in Asia, as throughout the year! We’ll see what it will be enough. To be sure: I gave My heart and my soul on the court, as at the 2016 season.
– How much help do you mentally got from the fact, that now You are a Top30 player?
– It’s a fantastic feeling! I would not have thought it was so inexplicably gives Me a good feeling! It’s a big motivation for the future. Obviously, I have told many times, but I’ll do it again, I would like to thank everyone who helped Me, who supported Me! For those who are woke up at night to cheer for Me! For those, who told a sentence, who encouraging Me! Really all! It’s an incredible thing for Me, that so many people cheer for Me! Obviously I would like to highlight My coach, Thomas, and the people close to Me, My family, My friends! I hope that this is just the beginning!
Timi is ranked 20th at this year’s Singles Race. While in doubles, she is 12th at the WTA Rankings, and 4th at the Doubles Race with Yaroslava Shvedova.